About Me

My photo
I attend the University of South Alabama, majoring in Secondary Education Sciences. This is my blog for EDM 310 with Dr. Strange. I want to teach 11th grade Sciences. Any subject is good, I love them all. I want to be a role model for my students. Someone they can look up to and look to for advice.
Also, I love music. I love to hang out with my friends and have fun.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blog Post #4

Eagles’ Nest Radio and Class Blog


In this post, third graders post podcasts about what they are studying in school. The students take turns creating a podcast about the subject they are currently learning, and one title is “Eagles’ Nest Radio episode #3: Roamin’ with the Romans.” In this podcast children discuss Roman architecture, Julius Caesar, gladiators, and Cleopatra. The student spoke loudly and did a good job with pronunciation. After a student was done with their part they would pass to the next student.

The third graders who made these podcasts did a great job. They showed me how to be real creative with podcasts. I want to be creative with my podcast and make them interesting, so my listeners want to watch more and more.


The Benefits of Podcasting in a Classroom


In this post, Joe Dale talks about why podcasting is helpful in the classroom. Mr. Dale first talks about how children born after 1980 never experienced a world that didn’t have some kind of technology present. Podcasting is very effective way to interact with student outside of the classroom. Podcasting also allows for changes in learning strategies that help the children to learn better. When a teacher records a podcast of the lesson he or she has presented, they can upload the video and students that need to review the lesson, or are out sick, can watch it. This allows the student to not fall behind in class.

I have never recorded a podcast, but I have watched many my past teachers have uploaded to iTunes U. I loved that they can do that. I found it very helpful, because many teachers touch base on topic they might not have been too clear on in class.

Practical Principal


In this post, by Melinda Miller and Scott Elias, Mrs. Miller talks about how she has conducted staff development training on podcasting for teachers in her district since May 2007. Mr. Elias met Mrs. Miller through Getting Things Done. They have been recording the Practical Principals podcast since the fall of 2007. The podcast are powered by FeedBurner and each podcast has a different topic. Many of the topics come from questions sent in by teachers. They also mainly discuss the different tools and technology that is helpful in the classroom.

I really like how these two professionals from two different states and came together to create these podcasts. They have really nice discussions on their topics. They did an excellent job explaining the topics in their podcast and how they are helpful to student learning.


Joe Dale. Typepad.com

2 comments:

  1. Well done. Your comments indicate these helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    First I would like to say I really enjoyed your Google Presentation. Wow, I bet you hand an amazing summer!! I have been there and Weeks Bay. I loved them both! Marine biology was one of my favorite subjects in school. I think it is great you are studying to be a biology teacher. Your blog post was great! I do not believe I saw any grammar errors, congratulations on that! Sometimes I struggle. Since it was a week ago that we watched the videos I thought I was going to be a little rusty but your details were so great, I was totally refreshed! For someone that had not seen the videos they wouldn't have missed a thing. Thank you so much for sharing your post and I wish you good luck in the future in this class and your career!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete