About Me

My photo
I attend the University of South Alabama, majoring in Secondary Education Sciences. This is my blog for EDM 310 with Dr. Strange. I want to teach 11th grade Sciences. Any subject is good, I love them all. I want to be a role model for my students. Someone they can look up to and look to for advice.
Also, I love music. I love to hang out with my friends and have fun.

Friday, September 30, 2011

C4K Summary for September

”Google

My first student that I had to comment on for the month of September was Emilee at PT England School. Her blog was entitled Math Whizz and was about how her class is learning for to do math problems with pen and paper. Math is not my favorite subject, but I am glad that they are learning how to use this helpful site to learn.

My second student was Selena, who is also a student at PT England School. Her blog is entitled Our Place, Our Team and is about her country of New Zealand. In her presentation she talks about many beautiful tourist attractions and the history of New Zealand. She closes with New Zealand’s Rugby team. She definitely wanted to make me visit New Zealand some day.

My third blog to read was by Martha Yim. It was entitled Discover Baldwin County, and is about how herself and Mr. Anthony Chapps wish to incorporate new technology into the class room in Baldwin County. This post states that she is excited for the first week. Her original plan was to just jump in and go for it, but she realized that she should take it slow at first. I agree with her. I think it is a good idea to ease the kinds into the project and new technology slowly at first. This project looks like it will be a great success.

I really like the comments for kids assignment. I think it is great to see how children around the world are using technology and get a feel for how other people around the world live. I really enjoy reading about what kids are doing around the world through their education.

2 comments:

  1. I also like the comments for kids assignment. I think it is great to see what students across the world are working on and creating. I like to see how creative the kids are. Great job on your comments and keep up the good work Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Amanda! It seems you have really enjoyed following student blogs and experiencing the usefulness of blogs in the classroom! Keep up the good work.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete