About Me

My photo
I attend the University of South Alabama, majoring in Secondary Education Sciences. This is my blog for EDM 310 with Dr. Strange. I want to teach 11th grade Sciences. Any subject is good, I love them all. I want to be a role model for my students. Someone they can look up to and look to for advice.
Also, I love music. I love to hang out with my friends and have fun.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Post #11

First Graders In Ms. Cassidy’s Class


In the video about the First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's class entitled ‘Little Kids…Big Potential, it is great to see all the kids working with the different technology available to them in the classroom. I also love the fact that they are all like little experts now. The kids seemed to really enjoy the using the technology too. Seeing how the kids work with technology really encourages and inspires me to use it in my classroom. In the video, Ms. Cassidy has her students use many different programs to help her students learn better. Some of the different things her students create are wikis and blogs. Ms. Cassidy also had a blog for her students and parents to look at. This is a great way for parents to see what their children are learning.

In the "Skype Interview with Ms. Cassidy" video, Ms. Cassidy talks about how technology is here to stay and it will never go away. She also talks about the portfolios her students create. Portfolios are also a great way for parents to see their children’s progress.

Of Life, Education, E-bay, Travel & Books BlogI really liked learning about Ms. Cassidy's class. I enjoyed seeing them learn and talk about the different technologies that they use. I will definitely use technology in my classroom that will help my students learn. However, instead of using a blog I will use a Podcast to keep parents informed. I want my students to use the internet to learning like Ms. Cassidy's students, and I want them know the importance of being safe on the internet. I feel like I learned a lot from Ms. Cassidy and I am excited to use these technologies in my classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda!
    I could not agree with you more, the video Little Kids.. Big Potential made me even more excited about using technology in my future classroom. I also, learned a lot from the skype interview with Ms. Cassidy. I love what she is doing with her students! Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda,

    Great post. I like how you proposed using podcasts to keep parents updated, instead of using a blog. (Although, I personally love blogs.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I think you covered some interesting points in your blog that Ms. Cassidy made in her skype interview.

    ReplyDelete