About Me

My photo
I attend the University of South Alabama, majoring in Secondary Education Sciences. This is my blog for EDM 310 with Dr. Strange. I want to teach 11th grade Sciences. Any subject is good, I love them all. I want to be a role model for my students. Someone they can look up to and look to for advice.
Also, I love music. I love to hang out with my friends and have fun.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

C4K: Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog

Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog

I really enjoyed reading "Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog". She has her blog set up in a very organized and helpful way. I found all the links she posted helpful. The "HTML Codes" link was the most helpful for me. I actually used this page early in semester. She has the important codes listed you can use within a blog like the hyperlink code and how to make your text italicize or bold. She also posted some codes for fun shapes like ♥ , ★ , ☆ and ♔; these were my favorite.

She also has links that take you to her website and to her student’s blogs. It is really awesome to see all of her student’s work. I like how her students can post their work on the site and can also communicate with students around the world through the class blog. Mrs. Yollis also has a list of educational blogs that her class follows. I enjoyed looking through the ones she has listed. They can be helpful for teachers. I liked the little animations she had on the side also. The "joke of the day" and “photo of the day” was a fun and nice touch.


I feel I have gained a lot of knowledge about the benefits of blogging for students, parents, and teachers while visiting her blog. I love her motto, "Learning and Sharing Together." Her classroom seems like a great place any child would be lucky to be in. I really love the fact that she has involved the parents in the blog as well. I believe parents will be more inclined to interact with their students for many reasons with the added links for them. It is easy for parents to look at the blog while at work and see the work done by their child, or even get a heads up on a up and coming project. Also, on Mrs. Yollis' blog, there is a link to Mrs. Yollis' website which has games, homework pages, help for homework, and other fun links for parents and children to enjoy.

I loved the"link" created for teachers who are interested in finding out how to blog. This wiki is filled with tons of different resources that would are useful to teachers who want to start blogging. Mrs. Yollis' blog has had over 72,000 visitors from all around the world in just a year and a half. It’s great to see that her blog is being read and use by so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment